I’ve recently joined Mary Kay. It all happened so fast. It started with going to an Easter egg hunt with my consultant, and then I ended up staying for the rest of the sales meeting. I learned a lot just from the meeting itself. At the end of the meeting there was a question and answer session and I found myself asking all kinds of questions. I’m not normally like that. As this went on I kept getting a good feeling about all the information being shared with me. So I stayed after the meeting and listened to the facts about the company. I continued to ask many questions. I found out that I had one day left to get that month’s special for signing up. I left with the information and the feeling that I really wanted to do it, but I needed to talk to Ian about it. I knew he would support my decision, but I have been busy at work lately so I knew that concern would be brought up. Which I have been really busy lately, but I do the same thing day after day. I need something new and different in my life and I think joining Mary Kay has been perfect for that so far. This is something that I enjoy that I can do for myself. Plus I’ve always had a love for makeup and skin products. I think that all started from a Mary Kay party I went to when I was in 7th grade. So I decided to join. My decision really shocked me. I usually have to think about something for a while and then I change my mind a million times before I actually decide what I want. Then after I’ve made my decision I still feel like it’s the wrong one. I am so happy with my decision though. It’s been really good for me to get out and meet new people and change my routine. I do well with goal making and structure and I have found that so much in my new adventure.
We all know my favorite show is Friends. Shortly after I had joined I was watching an episode while doing something else and I heard this line come from Monica. It really caught my attention because it’s exactly how I felt. “I know it’s a little sudden, and it’s a little rushed, and it’s totally not like me to do something like this, but that doesn’t mean I can’t, right?”
This whole experience has been so good for me. My sister pointed out to me that I’ve been in a skirt more times in the last 2 weeks, than I have in the last 2 years. It’s been fun to get dressed up again. I haven’t thought that since high school. I’m so grateful for the job I have now. It’s really taught me a lot about running a business and how so many things work in the business world.
I feel I have been doing well so far. I’ve met both challenges I’ve had, even when I didn’t think the second one was possible. My actions and results have shocked me a little bit. I usually have a hard time with change, even if it’s good change, but this has been so great. I asked Ian if it was bad that I really wanted to jump right into this and really do it. At first I thought I’d do it just a little bit, but I’ve realized what my true desire is. I know when I put my mind towards something that I want, I get it. I am quite stubborn like that.
When I first started working with ribbon, that was all I could see when I closed my eyes. Now all I seem to dream about is Mary Kay products. I think it’s pretty funny. I’m so excited to keep making goals and progressing. I love that I get to do this with one of my closest friends. As much as I love my husband, it’s nice to get out and be around other women. I also get to work with another friend from my current job who has just signed up under me. I had a recruit before my first party! I was definitely not expecting that to happen any time soon. I’m so glad to have such a wonderful director also. She is so helpful and supportive. This is definitely a new adventure for me and I’m loving every minute of it.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment