I got thinking about all the memories I've had with him over the years and things that remind me of him.
I loved being at the cabin and going on snowmobile or four wheeler rides with Grandpa.
Grandma and Grandpa took us on many trips to Yellowstone.
Hearing the sound of cowboy boots on a linolium floor and seeing a cowboy hat always reminds me of Grandpa.
We would play in his boots when we were little and the boot would be the entire length of our little legs.
He let me drive his brand new truck the day I got my drivers liscence. Yikes!!
It was the best going to Steamboat with Grandma and Grandpa for so many years.
He always took us kids to McDonalds to play on the toys.
I loved when he would teach me his water color techniques. They were so different from Grandma's paintings.
He was at every concert and event us kids were involved in.
I loved going to visit Grandma and Grandpa at their house in St. George.
He would always take me on walks at the cabin. He would cut down willow branches and make me fishing poles and even helped me name my favorite trees.
I hope someday my kids will see my Dad how I saw my Grandpa. I know they will. My Dad is just as awesome as my Grandpa.


1 comments:
I can't believe it's been six years! Your Grandpa was awesome, and I know he thought you were too! I remember his cool pick-up and how we would sit in the back. I also remember a few trips to McDonald's with him:)
Post a Comment