We went camping at Warm River with Stephanie and Francisco last weekend. We got up there a little later than planned... Ian had a little light left to get our new tent set up. It was a bit more complex than either of us thought it would be. It was a bit lopsided, but we had a covered place to sleep the night! Our new 8 person tent is so big, we had plenty of room to sleep, even though it wasn't set up quite right. As it got later and later, we got more and more hungry. So we left the tent and made dinner. Stephanie and Francisco helped put our new colman lantern together by flashlight. That was fun... We finally ate dinner and went to bed.
I didn't sleep so well... We have pads and lots of bedding, but the ground gets so much harder every time we go camping! It was about 5 am and I finally fell back asleep after laying awake in pain for a long time. I was sleeping so good, then the camphost drove through in his little pink golf cart. It was a very loud little golf cart... So by 6 am, Ian and I decided to get up.
We made us some hot chocolate in our new tea pot while we waited for the others to get up. We borrowed my dad's camp chef to cook on. It was so nice!

Breakfast was a bit interesting... The potatoes were forgotten, so Ian and Francisco ran to Ashton to get some. They got back and we started up the camp chef... or tried to atleast. We could not get it started. None of us could figure out why it wouldn't work, especially because it had earlier that morning. We thought the propane tank must have been out... So Ian and Francisco went back to Ashton to fill it. It was only $6.00 to fill! Haha, it wasn't out. I guess it got bumped and flipped some switch. None of us know that handy little secret. Breakfast was a bit delayed, but really good.

Haha, Franchesca is ready to go fishing!


Even though I didn't really know what I was doing, our dutch oven dinner turned out so good!

Our tent needed fixed!... The rain fly was flapping in the wind so bad! I couldn't take it anymore. We had to take everything out and set it up right. I'm so glad we did because it rained all night. Hard!

Ian wasn't having too much luck fishing. It really sucked because everyone around us was catching fish left and right... His face is completely posed here! I told him to look mad. Haha. The only way to see Ian mad is to stick him in a car behind someone driving slow...
We left my fishing pole at home because I haven't got my license yet. Nobody told us it was free fishing day! Dang it :( Oh well, I will have to go with him again!

Here's what Ian caught! This tangled little mess that took Ian 30 min to get. It had ice in it... Poor Ian... I'm sure he will eventually catch a real fish soon :)

We had a good time though. We are excited to go again soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment