I had no idea how ribs were even cooked. So I went to foodnetwork.com and found a recipe for Kansas City Style Pork Ribs. Sure... it sounded good to me, so that was what we used. After they had been in the oven for a few hours, Ian and my dad did their grill magic with them.
They turned out really, really good. And like I said before, I'm not the biggest fan. We got the ribs from Sam's Club. They ended up having lots of meat on them, which was great. To go with our ribs we had: Baked Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Rolls, Watermelon, and Homemade Root Beer. Our classic barbecue was delicious!
I made Ian a Red Velvet cake.
I tried to find the recipe I used 3 years ago for his birthday when we were engaged, but I couldn't.
The cake was ok... It was a new recipe and a new cake pan, so it didn't quite turn out how I hoped, but what can ya do...
Ian's presents had a theme this year: Outdoor cooking! I got him a camp chef of his very own! I have the hardest time coming up with gift ideas for him. So when Cal Ranch had a sale on Camp Chefs... I jumped on it. Ok, my mom actually helped me out, by getting the present and storing it at her house. I was just happy I had his present figured out a month before his birthday and not the night before...
He also got a dutch oven cover, lid lifter, and briquette chimney. We are set to go camping this summer with things that make it so much more enjoyable!
I also surprised him by having his parents come up from Utah. My dad almost ruined the surprise when they pulled in, but Ian didn't catch on... It was a fun day with friends and family!
Ian had a great time with my dad taking the corvette to a car show and going on a 4-wheeler ride. Thanks Dad, for hanging out with him while I went to a bridal shower.... Two years in a row I've had something else to attend on his birthday... Maybe next year I won't. Haha :)
If anyone wants the recipe:
Kansas City Style Pork Ribs
Rub -
2 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 c. Dry Mustard
1 T. Smokey Paprika
1 T. Cayenne
1 T. Garlic Powder
1 T. Onion Powder
1 T. Salt
2 T. Black Pepper
Apply rub an hour before baking. Cover in foil and bake in oven at 250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours. Grill 8 minutes on each side basting with BBQ sauce.
Really simple and really delicious!


0 comments:
Post a Comment