We took a drive one Sunday to go look at the leaves changing color. Fall is my favorite time of year!
So we headed up to Palisades.
Of course we had to stop for square ice cream. Tradition...
Lots of color! The trees that change to red are my favorite.
It was a beautiful drive!
The lake was super low. We are literally in the middle of the lake here... Who knew there was a road on the bottom of the lake. It was pretty cool.
We were only planning on going to Palisades and back, but decided to head over to Jackson. We haven't been there together yet. We didn't have a lot of time, but it was still fun walking around.
The ever famous antlers! I don't think I've ever done the whole tourist thing and take pictures with them. That was fun.
It's a little washed out, but I love the essence of Wyoming in the background :)
We didn't have a lot of money and needed somewhere cheap for dinner. Cheap and Jackson don't really mix. We ended up walking a few blocks to a brewery. It was a little questionable walking up to it, but once we got to the front and inside, it was nice. Our burgers were a little overpriced, but what do you expect for Jackson. It was a fun place though. Reminded me of the breweries I ate at in Milwaukee.
Ian asked if we were the only mormons in there... Well, we were in a brewery... on Sunday! Haha!
Good times!
On our way home, there were lots of signs saying moose were all over the Jackson pass. Steep grades, lots of curves, and moose.... I was not really enjoying myself. But we made it without spotting any. We decided to cut over to Swan Valley from Driggs instead of coming home the other way. I've never been this way as an adult and certainly not in the dark. I thought it would have been the "shortcut", but I don't think it was. It was a lot more of the "pass" roads. Not as bad, but still not pleasant when you don't quite know where you are going.
About halfway through, cars were flashing their lights at us like crazy. So we started slowing down. All of a sudden there was the MOOSE. Just sitting in the middle of the road like it owned the place! It was a big one too! We were grateful that people let us know there was something ahead. We've never hit any wild animals like that, and I certainly don't want to start with moose.
It was a fun fall drive! We love where we live and that we have such awesome places so close.











0 comments:
Post a Comment