CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cress Creek

I love Fall! We took our yearly trip to Heise to enjoy the fall colors. Normally we walk down a long the river, but as we were heading down there, a family with 3 huge dogs came along. Our river plans quickly changed... So we "hiked" up Cress Creek. 

I'm not a hiker... never liked it. I'm too fat for hiking. But as the years go on, I've realized you have to hike to get to cool places. So I've shocked Ian lately with my desire to hike.


Cress Creek is my idea of hiking... it has a sidewalk! Best thing ever. The colors were awesome. We came at just the right time. I always feel like I hit the jackpot with red trees in the fall. They are my favorite!

Ian loves to stop and read the signs... I'm not a reader either, but they had some pretty cool info. There was a fossilized patch of ash and this is the biggest patch of Cottonwoods west of the Mississippi.


I look forward to this every year! We'll probably add Cress Creek to our tradition now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment