CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pinewood Derby


The Elders Quorum had a Pinewood Derby. It was so much fun! Ian figured out his design and cut out the wood. Glad Dad had a saw for us to borrow...



As we got out at the church we realized Ian's car matched Ian's car... Funny.



And here you have DEAD MEAT!  (Inspired by a video game Ian loves: Super Meat Boy.)


My involvement was: painting multiple coats, drawing the saw blades on the washers, gluing the washers together and to the car, then prying them off with a screw driver after we realized it was too heavy, and attaching fishing weights as a last resort. :)

Who knew super glue weighed so much... All the separate pieces weighed just under 5 oz.

It was definitely a man's party. Dinner was hot dogs and nachos :) It was pretty fun. 

All the names and stats were listed up on the big screen. That was awesome!


I told Ian I would laugh if he won... Mostly because we were doing a lot of the work on the car an hour before it started... First race he was in, he won!

Overall, he got 3rd place out of 18. Then raced against the top 4, four more times. They were able to re-graphite their wheels and I think that's what killed us. Ian's times were way slower after he did that, so he got 4th place. I was still super proud of him! Considering the car was made by two morons an hour before, I was pretty impressed with the results :)










0 comments:

Post a Comment