CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Little Late.. but A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!! 

And it's a Boy!

Due: October 26, 2013!


I've been really bad at keeping up with my blog... So here's the big announcement at 7 months pregnant! (On the blog anyways.)

My friend Sunni took some super cute announcement pictures for us. It was such a fun little photo shoot. Considering the excitement of the news and everything... we still couldn't believe it!


Through the whole pregnancy, I've been meaning to write little things down... that didn't really happen, so we'll see what I can remember. (Not much these days!)

We found out the good news March 9, 2013 at week 7. We were getting ready to go to Washington DC and needed to know what was going on and what we were doing for sure....

So I took a cheap little dollar store test and it was positive! Well, Ian had to tell me it was positive... I couldn't look. (Reminded me of Friends.) Once he told me and I confirmed, I couldn't believe it. It was a Sunday morning, but I made him run to Family Dollar and get a real test. Same results... 

Church was not quite the same that morning :) All I saw was babies, all I could think about was babies & how our lives just changed forever... In the best way possible, but still. It's a change. It's a huge change. I don't do well with change! But we are/were so excited.


We told my family over Easter at 10 weeks, but made them keep our secret for a while. We knew we couldn't afford going into debt over going to Washington DC, so we went to Vegas for a mini vacation instead. We really wanted to tell them the news before we went though.


A few facts I do remember: 

 I started feeling baby move around week 19. It felt like something was lightly tickling my stomach. Ian felt it move for the first time at week 26 (July 20th). I had a couple cravings early on. Sour Patch Kids & A1 sauce. No meat, just sauce. Weird! I really haven't had a lot of cravings, but they didn't come back till much later. Worst food aversion was green peppers. Although most green veggies made me want to toss my cookies! The smell phase was the worst! I couldn't even open the fridge without getting sick.

We found out it was a boy June 12, 2013. I thought it was a girl... But we are so excited for a little boy. It's funny how so many people were so disappointed when I told them it was a boy. And thinking I should be disappointed because I make hair bows. Dumb.

We have a few names picked out. We've had boy names picked out since we were dating... I never thought I'd be one of "those" people. So we'll see what we decide when he's born :)
(We're not telling anyone the choices.)


Seeing our little baby grow and progress from each ultra sound has been so awesome each time. Now that I don't have ultra sounds as often, I love hearing that little heartbeat! I LOVE FEELING HIM MOVE. That has to be my most favorite part of pregnancy. I love when Ian feels him move. He seems to hold still as ever whenever I put Ian's hand on my belly.... And I love that Ian talks to him.

Ian has been so good. He's helped out with the house extra. Made more meals. Really taken care of me when I've been sick or not feeling good. I love that he always makes sure I get enough to eat. I couldn't have asked for a better husband!


We are so excited for this little miracle. It's been such a blessing so far. We can't believe it's finally our turn!


Here's a little pregnancy questionnaire I found.

How far along: 28 weeks!
Total weight gain: 7 lbs
Maternity clothes: No, but I'm starting to consider the idea.
Stretch marks: Just a few.
Sleep: 2nd trimester was amazing. I feel that's quickly fading away...
Best moment of this week: When Ian happened to have his hand on my belly and the baby kicked harder than ever before. We both kind of looked at each other in shock :)
Miss anything: sleeping on my back.
Movement: so much movement. We are starting to see my belly move. Crazy stuff!
Food cravings: Sugar Cookies and Salt & Vinegar Chips.
Anything making you queasy or sick: if certain smells hit just right.
Have you started to show yet: starting to a little bit.
Gender: Boy!
Labor signs: I hope not yet.
Belly button in or out: In. I wonder if it will stick out... I doubt it.
Wedding rings on or off: on
Happy or moody most of the time: Ian may tell you otherwise, but I don't feel I've been too emotional. Other than commercials will get me sometimes. Haha. Dumb...
Looking forward to: the baby showers to begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment