We had two back to back weekends at the cabin. It was just what Ian and I needed. Our apartment has been so miserably hot, and I was irritable and cranky all the time!
I didn't realize how noisy it is outside our apartment. Diesel trucks, bullet bikes, random people, etc. It was so nice to be in the peace and quiet of the woods. Also, we didn't have internet, phones, xbox, netflix, tv, etc. It was so good to unplug and not care about anything but the relaxing time we were having, just the two of us.
I completely enjoyed waking up in the middle of the night being cold, sleeping in a pitch black environment, and complete silence!
The second weekend up there was spent with Stephanie and Francisco. Another fun and relaxing weekend!
We attempted to float Big Springs. Getting air in the tubes was quite the ordeal, but a few hours later we were on our way down the river. Plus... we got a free hot dog out of it. Good thing! As long as it took, we would have been starving by the time we got out.

Franchesca is ready to go swimming! Poor girl was so excited and had to wait for a bit while we got the tube situation figured out.

That water was awfully cold! It was not easy to get used to.

Island Park is such a beautiful place. I love being there!

Yes, 2 moose were in the river as we were floating... I wasn't thrilled about it, but figured we would be fine because there were so many floaters passing by them.

After we passed the moose, a bald eagle was soaring right over us. It was an awesome sight. I wish I would have had my camera with me while we were on the river. That eagle came within 3 feet of Ian and I. It was a crazy huge bird! Definitely an experience I will never forget!
0 comments:
Post a Comment