CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Vegas Trip 2013

Well... I'm finally getting around to posting about a trip we took back in April. Whooo! I'm so on top of it. 

We were planning on going to Washington DC to visit Jordan when he was back there. Then... we found out I was pregnant and things changed a little (Or a lot... in so many ways :). We both had time off work and a little money, so we decided to go to Vegas! 

We stayed at our usual place... Palace Station. Way cheaper than hotels on the Strip. Plus we had our car, so that wasn't an issue.  

We started our first day out at the Mirage.


And stayed around the hotels in that area. 

I love vacationing with Ian. We still do stuff, but love to sleep in, hang out and watch tv, and eat! It's so nice when all you seem to do is work...


This is what you get when someone in a hawaiian shirt offers to take you picture... Makes me laugh!


I don't usually hand my camera over, but he was quite insistent. It made me feel a little better he was an employee though. He later talked us into going to a time share presentation for free show tickets. "Talked us into"... more like wouldn't take no for an answer. But in the end, I'm glad we wasted 4 hours of our time. The free food and show was totally worth it!


We ended up choosing to use our free show tickets to go to The Ultimate Variety Show. I wasn't expecting much because there was a picture of a mime on the poster... but I would totally recommend it! We had so much fun! And laughed more than ever. 

I was glad our food was free too. We chose to eat at Planet Hollywood's buffet because it was in the same place as the show. That has to be my least favorite hotel/casino. It is just too big. Anways, I was was glad our food was free because all I could eat was salad and about 6 mini cheesecakes! And lots of orange juice!


The gondolas were so awesome. I wanted to splurge and go on one, but they were completely booked the whole time we were in Vegas.



Our kid may come out a watermelon. I couldn't seem to get enough at the buffets. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner!


We wandered the Strip a lot. But being newly pregnant, I didn't feel great and it totally showed in the pictures of me :) So I kind of put away the camera and just enjoyed being with Ian.



We headed down to Fremont St. on our way out of town. I love it down there. That's where I played my first slot machine! (Not on this trip) 

I was rather disappointed in my phones directions to get there... We ended up in total ghetto-ville. Quickly ran out of tourists and couldn't wait to turn around and find our own way there.

I couldn't resist this quick picture of Ian... It's not every day you get Elvis & Pee-wee Herman in the background!


We had to go get our famous Shrimp Cocktail. It was still kind of morning-ish, but oh well. As we were waiting in line forever, I saw pancakes that I just had to have. In addition to my shrimp cocktail... the thought kind of turns my stomach now :)


We had lots of fun on our little trip before the baby. Fun and so relaxing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment