It's crazy, the awesome things you find in the middle of no where.... Dad told us about this thing called balanced rock, so we decided to go on a little drive. It actually took longer than expected to get to the middle of no where... But it was worth it!
We were driving in farm land, went around a corner, and all of a sudden were in these funky rocks. It was pretty cool!
Makes you wonder how the heck they got like that...
There it is! Balanced Rock.
As soon as we pulled up, I was ready to get out and start hiking up to it. Ian was shocked... Me too! But it's just not a honeymoon without a little hiking. Did it on my first one too!
Good thing it was windy. It was super hot out in the middle of no where Idaho!
I told Ian I'd hike up to it if... he would carry my water. He's such a good husband like that. That rock made a good resting place. The other rocks weren't quite so convenient for my bum.
It was hot, windy, steep, and the loose rocks didn't help. But... Mrs.
Bad Ankle and Mr. Bad Knee made it up to the giant balanced rock.
Once we got up to the rocks, Ian kept going up into them. I needed a little rest and my feet really hurt from all the sharp, uneven rocks. I took my shoes off for some fresh air. They get super hot in those shoes... Then I imagined a rattle snake or scorpion, so I put my ratty old shoes back on. Those thoughts may have motivated me to put my shoes back on, however, they didn't make me get off the rock I was sitting on. I was a little pooped...
I couldn't believe I just hiked that thing! (I'm not a hiker if you couldn't tell. Complainer is more like it...)
Ian got an awesome picture from his solo adventure!
I sat on my rock for a while waiting for him. I didn't think he'd be too long. I started to get a little worried, so I started yelling his name. He can't hear me when I'm right next to him, what made me think he'd hear me then? Plus it kinda freaked me out. I didn't want to yell too loud and have balanced rock loose her balance...
I figured if his knee gave out and he fell down the mountain, I'd hear something... He finally made it back though!
Good pictures were not in my favor... It was sooooo windy! Could my hair get any crazier?
Going back down was a whole other adventure... I almost biffed it bad only once. There were lots of other little bursts of excitement though..
It was a fun and memorable little trip. I'm glad we decided to go!





2 comments:
Where in Idaho is balanced rock?
It's west of Twin Falls. By Buhl/Castleford.
Post a Comment