CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Christmas 2011

Yes, I'm posting about Christmas at Easter... I don't want to make bows at the moment, so I guess I'll get caught up on Christmas. Then, I think I'll be done "catching up". I wanted to document our first Christmas in our first house though.

The days of going in to the woods trying to find the perfect Clark Griswold tree seem to be gone. Many memories of doing that over the years... Good and bad.

Ellen: Clark, Audrey's frozen from the waist down.
Clark: That's all part of the experience, honey.

I think I still get called Audrey from time to time... That's what happens when you watch Christmas Vacation every year! I may or may not be a complainer...

This year we passed up going to the charlie brown lot and went to an actual nursery to get our tree. They were practically the same price if not less expensive. (Well the ones in our price range anyways.) We had rows and rows of trees to pick from. The little guy was so helpful with all sorts of tips and tricks. And the best part... we were in an enclosed building and it was nice and warm. Best Christmas tree experience ever! I'm sold... I'll be going there from now on.

I love Poinsettas. I don't really know why. They scream "old lady" to me, but whatever. I wanted one, so Ian let me get one. Like he would tell me no... I don't know if he's ever told me no to anything I want. Love that guy!

Poor Ian, was still freezing from a long day of changing out all the basement windows.

Getting our tree at the nursery was the best thing ever! They cut the bottom, bagged it up, and even loaded it in the truck for us.

It was such a cute, perfect little tree. We had lots of fun picking it out.

We are still collecting ornaments... This year for my filler ornaments, I made glitter balls. The best part... the glitter is on the inside. No mess! I found the fun tutorial on pinterest. Totally loved the way the lady wrote the tutorial. I was laughing pretty hard.
Here's the tutorial if anyone is interested.


I had fun decorating my mantel. I realized my mantel is longer than I expected... The lit garland I got was 9' long and fit perfectly! I got some other things to make some cute Christmas wreaths, but those didn't happen. We'll shoot for next year....

We had our usual Christmas Eve dinner at Mom's house. Although for the first time in 20 years... we didn't have clam chowder in bread bowls for dinner! (Appetizers as dinner was still pretty tasty though. I'm just attached to tradition.)

Kind of a crazy family picture, but a family picture none the less. RIP Winston. I don't like animals, at all, but he was a good dog.

The main thing I got Ian this year was weights. I had so much fun loading them in to the shopping cart... then on to the checkout counter. I'm glad he's happy about them though. And his arms are getting nice and big like they were when I first met him. Mmmmm :)

And my favorite gift of the day had to be Kaylee's one piece pj suit. Fits her perfectly! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment