Friday night Ian and I were out walking around the yard looking at what needs to be done. Our neighbor was out too so we ended up talking for a while. It was a real Home Improvement moment... In more ways then one! Haha. Totally reminded me of Home Improvement out talking by the fence. And... we were both out working in our yards.
Well, he said he'd help Ian dig out the two stumps in our back yard. It was so great! We knew we wanted them gone, but had no idea how to go about it. With the size of the stumps alone... we knew they were big trees!
So yesterday morning the boys went to work on getting rid of them. It was so awesome! Ian had 3 neighbors helping him between physical labor, chain saws, and big trucks!
Those are pretty big holes when he's in there waist deep!

After the stumps were out of the ground, the guys removed as much dirt from the stumps with picks and shovels.

We'll still have to get some dirt to fill in the divets, but it's not too bad. This couldn't have been done at a better time! The "lawn" was in perfect condition to be completely destroyed by tree roots.

We got rid of some other dead trees and smaller stumps. We're so grateful for all the help we received! We have the most awesome neighbors ever! Our yard is looking better and better. Plus, now we have a collection of firewood started!

We were on a roll with the yard work. Did a little watering of trees and flowers. I don't know what I'm doing with my flower beds yet.... I love that I have random tulips all over though. They are one of my favorite flowers! I can't wait for them to bloom!

Ian standing next to his hard work!

Glad the city is coming to pick it all up! We timed it perfect!

We are quickly realizing we have no yard gear. We knew we didn't have the obvious lawn mower. But you don't really think about rakes, shovels, sprinklers, etc. So we had fun shopping at home depot!
I got a lot done inside the house too. It was a very productive day for us! I didn't think it was fair for Ian to be working so hard outside and me not be doing anything. Plus, I had fun taking pictures and talking with the neighbors wife. Totally loved holding their new little baby!
0 comments:
Post a Comment