CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Camping Trip #2 - Granite

We went camping to our favorite place back in August. When we were planning the trip months ahead, I didn't know how I'd feel about camping pregnant. 
Turns out I loved the firmness of our air mattress!


Dad and Ian setting up our tent. I think I like this camping while pregnant thing... :)


Found out there was a snake under mom and dad's tent when we were packing up to go home. Even though I was not involved in the taking down of the tent... I jumped up on the picnic table faster than the speed of light at the mention of a snake! I was very reluctant to come down. Even after a while had passed. Yuck!


Ian's flipping skills made our tin foil dinners extra tasty!


One of my favorite camping meals.


Oh this just makes me laugh!


Funnest swimming pool ever. Can't beat the location!


I enjoyed "swimming" from the side of the pool. Over 110 degrees was not ideal for a pregnant lady... Oddly... it was rather fun for me. I still felt the heat coming off the water. I was sitting in the shade. And I didn't have to show my neon white self in a swim suit! The only thing I missed was sliding on the slime. I've always been a fan!


Seriously... best pool view ever!


I woke up from a nap to find these three sneaking off without me! They were taking a "little" walk down to the river. So I threw on my shoes and headed down with them. 

If I knew they were walking up to the falls... I would have stayed back at camp. Or at least put on some decent shoes!!


It was a fun little walk. Even though it was a bit more than I was expecting. Those river rocks and my flip flopped feet did not do well together! Glad mom turned back with me in the middle of the desert. I had had enough :)


Fire fun! Everyone had to have a burning stick.





He's just my favorite person in the whole world!


We even had the excitement of a moose (even though it's a blurry picture). It was really cool that it was so close to our camp site. Then it was not as cool when it came galloping right at us... Seriously straight for us! Turned at the last second and went right through the middle of our camp. 
I about died!


Smores will make anyone smile like that :)


Well, except for Kaylee!...


Packing up. I finally got off the table from the snake incident. Just in time to take a cute picture of my family. The only family that was around this summer... We really missed Jordan and Brooke!



After everything was packed up, we headed to the falls.
I made sure to wear real shoes and did pretty good as a wobbly pregnant lady going up and down the steep, un-even trails.



Granite is just the best place to camp. It's totally worth the drive. 
It's a much shorter drive as an adult.







0 comments:

Post a Comment